Introduction To Set Theory For CSEC
This short course will be coving the following aspects of Set Theory as stated in the CXC Mathematics Syllabus:
- Defining what is a set and showing the various ways of representing them.
- Explaining the concepts related to sets such as: Finite, Infinite and Null Set.
- Listing the subsets of a given set.
- Describing the relationships among sets using set notation and symbols.
- Determining the number of elements in the intersection, union and complement of sets.
- Draw and use Venn diagrams to represent relationships among sets.
- Use concepts in set theory to solve mathematical problems.